Friday, February 01, 2008

Good Advice Doesn't Have to be Expensive

I’ve come across a couple of blogs that dispense some interesting advice for free! The Urban Vegan is for all gardener’s who grow their own vegetables and fruits. This Philadelphia vegan shares great recipes and money-saving kitchen tips (see January 22nd post). The Ideal Bite is another blog that dispenses “bite-sized” ideas for light green living. For all of you who want to make small changes that help the environment, you can sign up to receive helpful ideas via e-mail.

Speaking of “green,” I just received the set of organic cotton sheets I ordered from Gaiam‘s Outlet Sale, and am very pleased with them. They are very soft and have a beautiful sateen sheen to them. The most impressive thing was that when I finished unpacking them the only thing I had to throw away (recycled) were two pieces of thin cardboard. The sheets were packed in an adorable little cotton fabric case. It looks just like a miniature pillow case. My daughter promptly put one of them on her head, and said “look at me, I’m a chef.” I’m going to put a pillow form in the other one and use it for a travel pillow in the car, and I used the one from the pillowcase to store silver items in. It was so nice not to have to toss out a bunch of plastic.

No comments:

Plant & Seed Finder

Search our "custom" Plant & Seed Finder of 1,500 plus nurseries to quickly find a list of mail-order sources.

Type the common or botanical name of the plant you're searching for in the box below

Custom Search

Looking for a Bargain?

Welcome to Garden Bargains Online where we are all about finding a great deal!

If you love to garden and save money, check with us first for the latest coupons, discounts, clearance sales, free shipping and special offers from nurseries and garden product companies.

I am always in search of a great bargain or product, and I invite you to chime in and leave your comments on any products we feature or share your latest bargain, so that others can reap the savings too!

For a list of all current bargains, please visit our Web site at: http://www.gardenbargainsonline.com/.

Thanks for dropping by, and I hope to see you again soon. Susan Myers
Google